mixed media (charcoal, white chalk) on paper, 1901, signed lower right, 27 × 33,5 cm
The work originally came from an important collection in Hradec Králové, after confiscation it became part of the collections of the Regional Gallery in Hradec Králové (inv. No. O 899), later it was returned to the heirs of the original owner in restitution. The authenticity of the work is confirmed by its repeated publication (J. Kotalík: Jan Preisler, National Gallery in Prague, Prague 1964, cat. No. 260; P. Wittlich, Jan Preisler, drawings, Prague 1988, fig. No. 49, p. 204). On the reverse there are stamps of the Diviš Market of Original Czech Art in Prague, the Regional Gallery in Hradec Králové, and the stamp with the name of the original owner.